Thursday, September 6, 2012

I am nothing without my eyeglasses

I am nearsighted and I have astigmatism.

I am dependent of my eyeglasses. Let's call my eyeglasses "E". Without E, I am an ordinary specie in this vast universe living a half empty life.


Here's the untold legend how I first came to meet E.


I was in 4th year college that time, my bestfriend Z, asked me if I could accompany her to the optometrist at the Ideal Vision there at our favorite hangout: SM Mall of Asia


After our classes in the morning we went to MOA, she had been checked by the optometrist. After her eye examinations, the doctor told me, why dont you have your eyes checked as well, you don't have to pay, its free. 

When I heard the word FREE, a light bulb appeared above my head! CHING! 
Lets give it a shot!

Shortly after my eye exam, the doctor came out smiling at me. I was wondering, and I said to myself whats wrong with meeeeeee????? 

And she said, "Your eyes are far worse than your friend! You have astigmatism too." And I am like, "I didnt notice that my eyes were this dysfunctional or blurred." She said I got used to it that is why I didnt noticed it.

Ohhhh well, I told my mother what happened that day, I explained everything to her. i convinced her that I really need those eyeglasses. The next day, she gave me enough money so I could buy my eyeglasses. 

I am not excited at all. I am going to wear eyeglasses.

When one sees a person with eyeglasses, they usually associate it with the words "old" and "matured- looking." I was bothered with my self image. 

We both came back to MOA to buy our eyeglasses, there were another set of eye examinations done to us (more specific), to check what is our eye grade , afterwhich we chose the frames we want, I picked the red one, half frame. it's MILKICOLOURS. I love it.

That is the first one, then I have another, another and another, I cant even remember how many Es I bought already. Some were broken because I slept into it, some were destroyed inside my bag, some bitten by my dogs like dog treats. 

What I just noticed was, as time passed by, my eye grade is gradually increasing.

So as my migraine, without my Es on, I feel like the world's tearing apart. 

Iloveyou E :) 

My current E. SWISSPLUS, super lightweight :)