Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Lugang Cafe

It is the 1st day September, our 40th monthsary, it could just mean one thing, another glorious date with my fiancee :) 

Usually, I am the one who is very excited about our date nights, I usually do the preparation and everything. This time (for a change), I have been researching about good, old fashioned restaurants in Intramuros and luckily, I found one (thanks to the witty Google), which is the Ristorante Delle Mitra. We were supposed to eat here, not till on that afternoon my fiancee suggested that he wants to eat at Lugang Cafe. 

So goodbye Ristorante Delle Mitra and HELLO Lugang Cafe :))



We were long fascinated by this Restaurant. Every time we pass by this establishment, I always tell him that I love the different chandeliers, the walls and everything.  I also love to watch them closely as they make dumplings. I think for one to be able to make a good dumpling, he should be consistent and passionate about what he's doing. Just saying.

(I DESIRE to become a culinary chef as well). 

We both thought that it's quite expensive to eat here. At first, we were intimated because many Chinese eat here all the time. I'm afraid that my fiancee wont like the idea of eating here because he's not a fan of Chinese Cuisine. 

But we both decided to give it a try :)

When we went there, we were on the waiting list, fortunately, the receptionist had been very accommodating to us, she gave us the menu and we sat on the couch. Actually, we can't decide what to eat because we don't have any idea, there was no pictures on the menu given to us. Now, I am frustrated.

After 3-5 minutes, my name was called and we sat just across the exit door.

They gave us another set of menu (now, I am delighted) There were pictures of everything they have on the menu :) 



Best thing here is the quality of service they provide to their customers. The speedy service, really fast, they always follow up the foods you ordered. Its nice for the price you pay. The staff were very friendly. The ambiance was great. 

We ordered:


 STEAMED PORK XIAO LONG BAO (7 pcs) 188php
 see all that juice inside, its very delicious :))

SPICY BEEF AND TENDON NOODLE SOUP (good for 2) 250php

THREE-CUP CHICKEN (GOOD FOR 2) 290php

COKE WITH KUMQUAT 130php

ALOE JELLY IN HONEY LEMON JUICE 130php

We loved the food.

I can say, this is one of the best gastronomic experiences we had.

And we are coming back for more :))