Thursday, September 20, 2012

My Love for Books


PHOTO FROM:  http://www.openbooktoronto.com/sites/default/files/obt/illustrations/bookstack.jpg 

Recently, I had this addiction and I could not stop. I don't want to stop. 

I found it very amusing and interesting. I think I found my real passion. I know numerous people who are guilty of this too. And I am not ashamed of it. In fact, I am proud I found myself something worth doing, and worth my time. 

It is READING. READING BOOKS.

Years ago, I felt the sudden urge to read. It was  like a calling to me. I followed my instincts and gratefully it took me to a bookstore. I don't know. 

Before this incident took place, I just find myself in a bookstore whenever I am in a mall.  Its like a favorite spot. I always check on books, always checking but not buying them. I don't know what stops me from buying them. I have the money, but I think, that time, I don't have the courage to finish just one. 

But just as I thought, the enemy is inside me. I am the one stopping myself. I want to get through it. So for the first time, I bought one. 

When I started reading the book, I became more happy about myself. I was able to beat my own fear. The feeling was kind of revealing. To cut it short, I was able to read and finish the book in 2 days. Even though I was happy that time, I was regretful as well.  I let time slipped away. If I just started doing this earlier, perhaps I already read a lot of books.

NOW, I always read books. I do what i love most. Trying to catch up with the lost time.

SEPTEMBER 2011 was when I started reading books. Now its September 2012. And I'm proud I was able to read a lot of books of different genres. 

I am lucky, I lived in a time where there's PDFs, Epub, Ebooks etc. Now, there ain't a reason for me not to read and continue my passion. But still, I encourage everyone to buy books if you have savings, just so for the author's intellectual property. I am indeed guilty of downloading free ebooks. I am sorry. But to be honest, I really love hard bound/ hard cover books than soft copies. I don't know why. Perhaps, its because I could feel the story more, or the idea of reading per se.

I started at least one book every month, depending on my mood then my love for books grew and matured. From then on, I continued reading and reading. 

Perhaps the only thing that could stop me from reading is when I become blind. 

Some of the books I was able to read (not in particular order):

Purpose Drive Life by Rick Warren
A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks
Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer
New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
The Science of Mind: A Philosophy, A Faith, A Way of Life by Ernest Holmes
Everything Changes by Jonathan Tropper
Don't Sweat the Small Stuff by Richard Carlson
Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul by Jack Canfield and Mark Victor Hansen
For One More Day by Mitch Albom
Fifty Shades of Grey by EL James
Fifty Shades of Grey Darker by EL James
Fifty Shades of Grey Freed by EL James
The Five People you meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom
The Secret by Rhonda Byrne
Would you like Fries with that by Mike Silva
Walk like a Chameleon by Gary Aumiller Ph.D
The Law of Attraction for Love by Debbie Frank
Finding Hope when Life's Not Fair by Lee Ezell
The Time Keeper by Mitch Albom
The Fault in our Stars by John Green